Wednesday, October 04, 2006

30 September 2006 - Unexpected delivery

We reached clinic around 11.30am...When it was my turn, I told Doc Kek i had cramps whole night. Then she checked and said that i already dilated 1 cm. She then put me thru CTG and result showed that i was having contraction and it was getting stronger. Doc kek immediately asked me to admit to hospital and said i would be delivering today. Before we admitted to delivery suite, i ate a bit of muffin and milk from the coffee bean @ mount e.
Contraction was getting stronger...I was still in daze when i went into the delivery suite as i couldn't believe i was going to deliver
anytime. I didn't even bring my hospital bag along (not even my IC). 1.30pm i was in the delivery suite and the nurse strapped equipment over my stomach to check baby's heart beat and contraction. At 3pm, Doc kek came and checked how much i dilated and initially she said it was still 1 cm...then she checked again and realised it was 3cm and accidentally broke the water bag as my membrane was thin. I felt the water flushed out of my V area and immediately i asked for dripping of the antibiotic for Streptoccocus Group B(i am a carrier). Only around 3.30pm they put me thru drip. Then after the water bag burst, the dilation was like an hour 1-2 cm...The nurses kept asking me if i want epidural or injection or laughing gas...i totally denied all these as i promised to God to give me a healthy baby and in return i will go thru natural delivery without any aid and suffer the pain. But at 6 plus pm, the contraction was so strong that my back was aching badly...nurse begged me to use laughing gas to relax myself if not i would not have enough energy for the actual pushing. Bo pian, i used the laughing gas but it didn't help at all for me...the mask kept dropping off and in the end, i was breathing my own carbon dioxide then laughing gas...I was so tired that i couldn't hold the mask myself but sought for my husband's help to hold the mask for me. But still i breathed in late and in fact overdosed and i felt 'ma bok'. I kept opening my eyes and looked around to keep myself conscious. At 8.50pm i screamed at my husband to ask Doc kek to let me deliver now as i couldn't endure anymore. Then only at 9pm sharp, Doc kek came in, looking like a fishmonger with the plastic white apron and had the PCK construction white boots standing by. Finally my dilation was 10cm and she said 'It's time to push'. Initially i kept pushing the wrong place (try to concentrate @ the V area) but after pushing for 15mins, the baby's head still not showing. Then Doc Kek said 'Push like u are having constipation'. Then i pushed the poo poo area (i am good at this as since young, i have been having sever constipation, hahaha). At 9.30pm, Rayhan was out into this world and his crying was so loud and clear (didn't need any slapping of bum). Doc kek asked my husband to cut the umbilical cord but the cord was so thick (for premature) that he had to cut twice. Then Doc Kek placed my baby son on me...i saw my son and i cried...he is perfect!!!

No comments: